Why are we so quick to give millions to a football player, and quick to fire teachers? Because the masses need to be entertained and to keep them from questioning why the world is the way it is. Teachers need to get paid more than athletes, in my opinion, because they are the second people our children encounter, and we entrust them to teach them the reading, writing and all other skills that are absolutely necessary. Of course, our education system needs a massive overhaul as well, maybe one where test scores aren’t the end all be all. I know that I’ve had amazing teachers that changed my perspective of the world, like Mrs. Pino, my psychology professor in high school. She was the one that got my love in psychology started, and why I decided from then that I wanted to be a psychology major. I must also mention my english teacher, in high school as well, Ms. Millian. She was strict, but she was strict because she wanted us to succeed. I am extremely grateful to have had her for a teacher. She was another one that helped me see the world through different eyes.
I’m not saying that athletes don’t inspire people. They do, of course. I’m just saying that it’s ridiculous that they get paid millions while teachers get paid a measly amount, which is used for school supplies that are sorely lacking, because of continuous cuts to education.
I just wanted to put this here because I want people to think. Education is extremely important, and without most teachers, we wouldn’t even know there was more out there than just our school walls.
These are rules for anyone who has the following: The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Supernatural. Optional: Pets, University, World Adventures, Seasons, Showtime, Late Night and Ambitions.
This is a spinoff of the Legacy Challenge created by Pinstar.
1) A Legacy starts off with the founder, created in the Create a Sim area and can be either male or female. You can give them the traits, favorites, clothes, lifetime wants and hairstyles you want, as well as the Supernatural that they’re going to be and pass on. Yes, you have to create a supernatural. No humans. Their name should NOT start with the letter A, as the letter A will start with your founder’s children.
2) Once your founder has been created, you must move them in to the biggest empty lot you can find. We don’t want them starting off very rich, as this will make it way too easy. You can build them whatever type of house you want, with the funds that you have. It MUST be a house. It has to have a bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen. Televisions are at your discretion.
3) Your founder must get a job (and if their lifetime want is to get to level 10 of a job, then start them off with that job.) When they start in their job, have them meet their coworkers for potential partners. Remember, however, that the partner MUST be a supernatural (werewolf, vampire, genie, fairy, witch or ghost.)
4) Potential partners MUST be young adults (as well as your founder.) If you marry someone that is, for example, 6 days until becoming an adult, but still a young adult, they count.
5) Once your founder marries, they must try for a child IMMEDIATELY, for a minimum of two children per generation. Of course, if the lifetime want calls for “See 5 children grow from babies to teenagers” then you can have 5 children.
6) ALL children must learn their basic skills (walking, talking and potty training)
7) ALL toddlers must reach at least level 2 using the block and the music toys.
8) ALL lifetime wants must be completed, or at least attempted.
9) Lifetime wants cannot be repeated! For example, if the founder had the Lifetime want to reach level 10 in 3 skills, future children CANNOT have the same lifetime want. Those married into the family don’t count; you can fulfill whatever lifetime want they have.
10) The player cannot kill off any Sims. They must die on their own accord, regardless of what happens.
11) If something happens that you didn’t want to happen, you cannot restart from your last save point. You must continue.
12) There is no rule as to who the heir or heiress of each generation will be, as that is at the discretion of the player. However, if one child turns out to be a human, he or she is out of the running.
13) Sims must be naturally supernatural (those that you marry in to the family.) This means that they can’t be transformed. For example, if you marry in a human and then use a potion or spell to transform them into a supernatural.
14) The first generation of born sims (e.g those born to the founder and his/her partner) will start with the letter A. They will give birth to the B generation, and so on. As you can see, the goal of this challenge is to reach generation Z.
15) All Sims must know the following skills: Cooking, handiness, charisma and logic.
16) Cheats are only allowed if you have two same sex partners and only to get them pregnant. However, if your game gets glitched and you need to reset a sim, you can use resetSim First Last. Any other cheat is not allowed.
17) It’s at the player’s discretion which Supernaturals will be brought into the family. However, each supernatural should have made its way into the family at least once.
18) If a Sim has reached their lifetime want, they can be ignored. However, they must be responsible for young children, so that the social worker doesn’t come.
19) Once you’ve done all the lifetime wants available, they can be repeated.
5 points for each toddler that learns all the basic skills
10 points for every sim that maxes out the charisma, cooking, logic, and handiness
10 points for each supernatural being introduced into the family at least once, for a maximum of 60 points (10x6).
30 points for each generation reached, for a maximum of 780 points (30x26).
50 points for every lifetime want achieved.
1 point for every type of ghost created.
-1 point for every sim killed off by the player intentionally
-5 points for every baby/toddler/child taken by the social worker
-20 points for every human married into the family and -10 points for every human transformed into a supernatural
This is just a fun, challenging way to play The Sims :). The points are just for you if you want to keep score and if you want to compare to any other person that plays the game. Enjoy!
What does it take for a devout young man to question the existence of God? Aaron, the protagonist of Sworn Enemies by Carol Matas, questions the existence of God when he is forced to march and work for the Russians during the 1800s, during which the czar issued a decree stating that a specific number of Jews of 18 years would be drafted into the Russian army. He had been handed over to the Russians by Zev, the antagonist of the novel. Aaron would question whether God did or didn’t exist during specific points in his captivity, like when he was forced to eat pork in the soup, or when the other captives would die, wanting to escape this horrible life. A lot of times in the book, Aaron wanted to die, the same as them, because he just couldn’t continue. However, he remembered that he still had a lot to live for, especially his betrothed Miriam.
During one point, Aaron, like the other captives, is forced to kneel and hear the prayers of a priest. They then must be baptized so they will be Christians. In order to eat, Aaron must convert. Otherwise, he would not be allowed to eat or sleep, until he did. During one of these sessions of conversion, Aaron wonders: “…how is it that by breaking kashrus, one of God’s most important commandments, I am made stronger? Does that mean it was always meaningless? …Is there a God at all? Does He even exist?” Aaron almost faints, but continues to fight, though he wonders why: “Will I die for my faith? Will God want me to? Is there even a God?”
Unlike Aaron, however, Zev feels as if what he does is what God wants him to do. He even condemns the other captives he is forced to house with when he himself gets captured for converting. He calls them weak and feeble minded. Zev feels as if he is the man God sent to complete his work of taking out those that have deserted him, even if it meant living. In the end, Zev gets reunited with Aaron and Aaron’s best friend, Josef, after a grueling adventure that almost left Aaron dead. On a boat to France, Zev encounters Aaron, cursing his fate out loud, wanting to be rid of his enemy forever, yet somehow being pitted against him at every turn. Aaron doesn’t mind this particular encounter, as he says that “He has to sleep sometime.” Zev, nervous, asks the first mate if he can get off the boat, but the latter just shrugs.
Aaron, still questioning the existence of a God, just wonders how good his life will be from here on out, once he gets to France, and once he reunites with his beloved Miriam. Josef has always been an Atheist, sure that there is no God. Aaron, on the other hand, questions whether or not there is or isn’t a God.
Sworn Enemies by Carol Matas is a book I highly recommend. Although it’s only 132 pages long, Matas manages to make you, the reader, question whether God exists or not, and whether karma or fate exist, as illustrated by the very fact that Zev keeps bumping into Aaron even though he wants to rid himself of him. The characters are engaging and the story itself keeps you on your toes, making you not want to put down the book at all.
Anti-gay youth group leaders try to keep a girl from her gay dads
This incident still angers me for many reasons. My dads are gay, and when I was younger, someone at my school invited me to a youth group event. When I got there, they spent most of the time talking about how gay marriage is wrong, and it made me really uncomfortable. So I said, “I’m not feeling good, I’m going to call my dad to come and get me.” When the classmate that had invited me told everyone that I have two dads and they are gay, all hell broke loose. The youth group leaders freaked out and said that I wouldn’t be calling my dads. In fact, they did not want me to leave. They tried to get me to see that my dads were sinning, but I told them I wanted to leave and that I disagreed with what they were saying. I remember being in tears, scared and wanting to go home.
I went into the bathroom and called my dads. They were pissed and came to pick me up. My one dad called the police when they got there, as the youth group leaders would not let them get me. The police went into the church and brought me out. Charges were not pressed but I refused to go to any more of those youth group events. Thinking about it now still bothers me, I shake when I think about it. – Name withheld by request
This fucking infuriates me
How fucking infuriating!
I WANT EVERY SINGLE FEMALE WHOVIAN TO REBLOG THIS TO SHOW MY MOM THAT DOCTOR WHO IS FOR GIRLS AND BOYS.
C’mon! Let’s show her the power of the female Whovians!!! :D
I JUST READ IT AND REALISED THAT I’M NOT A WOMAN BUT GIRLS
SHOULDWATCH THE SHOW TOO.